Need help removing credit card from facebook. please. thanks.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by irishguy79, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishguy79

irishguy79 Private E-2

Hi guys,

I am trying to remove a credit card from facebook as I don't want the details saved on the site. When I try and remove the card it says "cannot rmeove this card as it is your primary source of funding for your Facebook ads account, you must deactivate your facebook ads account to rmeove this card"
    Facebook ads account? What the heck? I never signed up for that, I foolishly used my card once on facebook to buy a 1dollar little animated gift for someone. I don't know anything about buying ads etc. I have spent an hour trawling the site and cannot find anyway to remove this card. Getting frustrated. I may have to end up cancelling the card with the bank to get it invalidated. I don't like the way that there is no "are you sure" etc before you buy stuff on facebook. they have your details saved, so you can click your way to big spends without realising. I don't want the info saved.
    any help GREATLY appreciated. thank you so much for your time and knowledge

Neil, Ireland

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

I'm no pro on FB. But I believe if you hit the "Settings" tab on your profile. Select Deactivate. Choose any radio button, maybe "I need to fix something". Sign up again. Same ID and Password. And see if it reflects.
    Just don't sign up for any gifts etc that require CCard info!!
    Cheers..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  3. irishguy79

irishguy79 Private E-2

this is a good idea... I know you don't lose everything if you deactivate your account (read that elsewhere), but it might reset the card info etc.. I'll give it a go...
    Thanks will be abck to let you know.

4. irishguy79

irishguy79 Private E-2

Nope... Deactivated... Then went back in a re-activated...Card still on there.. still cannot be removed...

"Unable to remove this credit/debit card because it is the primary funding source for your Facebook Ads account. To remove this card you must close your Facebook Ads account."

Thats pretty lame...

5. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I don't know Facebook at all, but is there something on your account page about an ads account? Seems like it'd be easy enough to close an account you didn't want and don't use. Maybe send them an email asking about it?

6. irishguy79

irishguy79 Private E-2

No nothing in the account settings about a separate "ads account"...It seems the username/password for your FB account is also used to change settings on thie facebook/ads section. Have given a good hour reading every help page. Seems no way to remove the card, but I would have thought that was illegal to keep your card info when you state you want out.
    I've emailed them that the the card is stolen/lost and I want it removed, but I don't want tp put up a new card yet, and can they remove it. I was foolish to use it, but I just thought facebook (with millions of users) would not be dodgy. bad call. :confused

7. frapper

frapper Private First Class

I don't do Facebook or MySpace but I would look on the main FB page and find "Contact Us" info. They must have an email address where you can contact them, or at least a contact form you can fill in. Then wait form them to reply.

8. irishguy79

irishguy79 Private E-2

I emailed them about it, and they removed my card. There is no way to do it yourself though. Still, they were quick enough to reply and carry out my wishes. Thanks all.

9. frapper

frapper Private First Class

Really glad it worked out for you. One less thing to worry about in life. ;)

10. irishguy79

irishguy79 Private E-2

Hey thanks man! ;)

11. silas

silas MajorGeek

If Iam correct I seen on news about Face book being introuble. Because they dont get rid of old people accounts/info/pictures. So they just keep them stored or whatever. So people are fighting them in court and it looks like people could win. But Just something about em.

12. GrandPa Bob

GrandPa Bob Private E-2

To be on the safe side, I would cancel the credit card immediately. FB is turning out to be a good source of information for potential employers to dig up background on possible employees. If your card number was at all accessible, the damage may be done. Better safe than sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds