fax + phone

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Jul 23, 2010.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I have an old combo fax/phone/copier answering machine.
    I need to replace it but they seem not to make them like that anymore.
    I have a Canon Pixma 310 all in one therefore, it has a fax.
    I am trying to plan my options.
    One idea is to run a phone line to the fax, then to a new phone answering machine. I think this way you must reliquish voice mail with your carrier and set the phone to 4 rings. I know I would set the Pixma to tel/priority. This way the phone would work if it were a phone call but if it were a fax the machine would detect the sound and receive the fax.
    The other option is to use the Windows fax with the answering machine. When you are away, whatever you want to have function must be left on so I would think that would precludet the pc - lightning etc. I really like the xp fax with cover letter and all.
    Does anyone have any ideas to help me coordinate components so I can receive faxes when I am out, send faxes, and also be able to receive and record phone calls?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds