Issues with Norton Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'Software' started by jpridetx, Oct 13, 2004.

1. jpridetx

jpridetx Private E-2

Hi all:

Having problems with Norton Anti-Virus going out to the Internet and DL laters updates/definitions. Laptop has network connex. I get out to the web using IE and can surf everywhere. But, Norton claims there's no Internet connex, and tells me to try again when I have a connex.

I have checked the configuration in Norton. Everything looks right. It even uses the IE setup for getting onto the web, but still, I get the same message.

Can anyone help with this, please?

Jay

2. Frodo

Frodo Private E-2

Hi,

Could be that you have a virus. Some of them stop you from using the anti-virus software. Suggest you scan for virus's first. Then, if you can, download the complete definitions from the web site using another computer.
    Having done that runyour antivirus software again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds