ANOTHER BLUE SCREEN PROBLEM...win32k.sys

Discussion in 'Software' started by HECK, Jul 23, 2005.

1. HECK

HECK Corporal

hey i hope someone can help me. i hav a damn bluescreen popping up. i had a trojan in it and i finally got rid of that or atleast im sure i did. but anyway, here is the screen information.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file : Win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical informaiton

*** STOP : 0x00000050 ( 0xb0ea64ef, 0x00000000, 0xbf924fda, 0x00000000 )

win32k.sys- address bf924fda base at bf800000, datestamp 411033af

thanks to all that respond. ill b checkin periodically to see information. Thanks again..

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

What operating system and service pack level are you using? The file has to be replaced, and I need to make sure we use the correct version.

3. HECK

HECK Corporal

well your going to laugh at me. but its windows XP professional.and im still on service pack one. i cant update for some odd reason. its sayin my key is invalid. but the place where i got my computer rebuilt about 3 years ago at had a bad problem of using one copy of windows XP and selling it as a new copy. so bascially he was loading the software using the same key on everyones computer. he isnt in business anymore im guessing for this reason? but i cant update....

4. HECK

HECK Corporal

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

You an get a valid product key from Microsoft, they only cost something like $10.

Do you have the XP Install CD? If not you can get XP Boot disks HERE.

It will take me a few minutes to find the correct version of win32k.sys for your system.

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Stop 0x50 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

7. HECK

HECK Corporal

it seems that link i went to fixed it. but knock on wood >knock< >knock< it hasnt came up yet. but tomrrow ill be right at it trying to obtain the disk. do you know if its free? and can i used any windows boot disks for XP? my father may have one. Thanks apperiacte it.

anthony

8. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Win32k.sys handles system service requests from the Window Management subsystem (the part of the OS that actually handles how the application windows behave) and the Graphics subsystem (GDI and DDraw). Since it lives in kernel space, it causes a BSOD when it encounters any error.

Likely causes:
    > Damaged system files (run "chkdsk c: /f")
    > Faulty video drivers (upgrade or roll back to different version)

Additionally, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in general can mean:
    > Damaged RAM
    > Unstable overclocking

9. HECK

HECK Corporal

da chicken good thinking... i wanted to add more ram to this old computer becasue i started to use it again for jus the net. ( i got tired f my laptop for now :) ) and it low on ram, becasue i swapped it into another computer we have, but i grabbed some memory outa box of parts i hav and i bet its a different speed not pc133 but its prolly pc100..

ill remove that and tha should clear thing up

thnka

10. HECK

HECK Corporal

well i jus pulled it out... so i guess well see what happens. and also yesterday night before i went to bed the screen came back again but with a differnt .dll . here it is

ati2daa.dll

dont kno what this is.

11. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

ATI is a video card manufacturer. Search for the .dll on your system, open up the properties dialog. Go to the Version tab and you can get an idea of who made the file to confirm that ATI made it.

I would try updating your video drivers. Perhaps try using Driver Cleaner Pro. Try using the latest version from ATI. If you're already running that version, try getting the latest version from the card's manufacturer or your system vendor.

12. HECK

HECK Corporal

alright thank you, but i cant seem to find the program that u suggested? could you possibly enter a link for me? thanks

anthony

13. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

The standards are compatible, but there's nothing that really enforces that. It's not uncommon to find that mix speed RAM or mixed brand RAM simply doesn't work.

At work the 3-year-old PCs we have (Compaq EVO 500) require PC133 at CAS 2. PC100 from any brand does not work (even older Compaq labelled RAM). PC133 at CAS 3 usually doesn't work (PC fails POST) even when it's all CAS 3.

We have Compaq EVO 510s that require PC2100 at CAS 2.5. These aren't as picky about the CAS timings, but it must be PC2100. PC2700 does not work (PC fails POST).

The most modern PCs we have are HP dc5000 SFF that use PC2700. These PCs fail the POST if you put in PC2100. We don't have any PC3200, but they do sell the 5000 series with it installed so that might work.

It's not supposed to work this way, but it does.

When we buy replacement and upgrade RAM, we buy it through Crucial because they certify their RAM to work with our model PCs.

14. HECK

HECK Corporal

well since the pull out of that memory the comp has been up for good while now... no problems yet THANK GOD...

btw what is the ms dos code to see how long the up time is on the computer? thanks

anthony

15. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Open a command prompt and run systeminfo. If you just want uptime, you can run systeminfo | find "System Up Time". (Note: That's a pipe, not an L.)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
  16. HECK

HECK Corporal

ya its been up for about 6 hrs now. so thats alot better thne the 15-30 mins i was gettin before. but i think the ram was it. well mostlikey had to be it.

thanks

anthony

oh and do you have a link to that program u suggested?

17. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Systeminfo.exe comes with WinXP, AFAIK.

If you have Windows 2000 you could run net statistics workstation | find "Statistics since" or net statistics server | find "Statistics since", which should give a very close estimate of your uptime.

18. HECK

HECK Corporal

no not that one lol, im talking about driver cleaner pro.

19. Shadow_Puter_Dude

20. HECK

HECK Corporal

thanks shadow...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds