Great use for old make-up brush!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mimsy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I have one of these brushes:

[​IMG]

I bought it long before Oprah ever heard of it, and it's a bit old and not as good as a make-up brush as it used to be. Today, toying with it while trying to decide whether to toss it and buy a new one or not, I discovered a great new use for old make-up brushes: Computer cleaner.

I dusted my keyboard, the sides and back of my minor, and the speakers, and it did an absolutely spectacular job. The brush is synthetic, so due to the risk of static I'm not going to use it on the tower itself, but I feel very happy that I now have a soft and effective brush that can get in everywhere on the keyboard and clean out everything.

:)

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Great idea, Mimsy, I thought that was what they were for! :-D I have been using a smaller blush-brush myself... It gets in between the keys real nice, even tho I have the skin- protector, it still gets dusty.. I'll have to chuck one of my bigger ones and try it ;)

3. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

I dont know if your keyboard can do it but mine you can unscrew the faceplate. I just wash it in the sink.

:)

4. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

My desk top does but it's easier if I just use the soft thin paint brush that I have been using for over the years. Can of air to get into places the brushes won't go. My lap does not dismantle that way.

@Mimsy I never thought about blush brush. I'll have to try that to see if it works any better than soft paint brush.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I'm also going to try the then eyeshadow brush I was going to throw away anyway, for the keyboard. The blush brush is a bit too thick to go deep between the keys. It's absolutely a winner for laptop keyboards though.

6. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

Try a Number 8 sable water colour brush, natural fiber no static

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds