Sim city 4 deluxe not loading

Discussion in 'Software' started by slim2nun, Feb 25, 2010.

1. slim2nun

slim2nun Private E-2

So far I have read about ten diferent posts that I found on google.. I am fed up. None of them have encompassed my problem. I have loaded sim city 4 deluxe previously , on the same computer. Had no problems. I re loaded it after finally finding the cd's ><.. The game will not get past the black screen with the Big EA symbol flying through the screen. It simply stops. No error prompt , screen glytch or anything , just ceases to exist. I have tryed running in windows mode, with -w , i've tryed -d:directx, -d:eek:pengl and one other to no avail. I am starting to give up hope. Please some one relieve me from my misery. my computer specs in this case i think are irrelivant . Bu ti shgall come up with them as best i can.

Gfx card.. 4200 TL
    AMD athalon 1.6

computer was a gift. anything else is a guess. Thank you for reading . Many thanks for any help or ideas you may have .

Peace and respect ..

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

What operating system are you sing what size is your memory and what are you trying to run it on a desktop computer or laptop?

Please post relevant info and i will try and help you more.

Andy

3. slim2nun

slim2nun Private E-2

sorry .. i have 768 ram .. and im on Xp .. and it is a desktop./

4. slim2nun

slim2nun Private E-2

sorry again . thats xp home edition :p

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you give us some more detail specs as 4200 TL could mean anything, searching on that code reveals anything from a graphic design company to a Novell based PC, PC specs mean alot as they give a good picture of what we are working with as remote troubleshooting via the internet needs as much info as possible, if we where infront of your PC it would be different.

and this below will help

As the game worked on that PC previously, what has happened in the mean time, did you have to re-install Windows? if you did have to re-install Windows, what in Device Manager has a yellow ! mark by it?

Is the game CD a retail and original one or a burned one?

6. slim2nun

slim2nun Private E-2

Well first off . THANK YOU!!! for responding!! First site to actually ATTEMPT to help . down to business.

To answer your questions. Yes I had previously installed the game months ago on this computer and it ran with out a hitch. I have installed a few games and ran out of space on the hardrive. So consiquently I deleted it. I will note how ever that I saved my cities when it asked to do so before I uninstalled Sim City. My drivers are out of date. This computer is a hand me down, so the attached will hopefully answer all the questions pertaining to all system specs. I do have the original version of the game No burn. Another thought.. when i first loaded the cd and tryed to install the first time recently. I did have trouble. The install did not allow the cd transfer part. Finally it did go through after I clicked OK for disc two about 10 times. But I uninstalled that.. de-fraged the drive and installed after restart. I have not re-installed my OS yet . I lent a friend the CD's. don't tell anyone, So i think he lost them and I'm screwed. I hope that gives you enough info .
    Thanks again Dan

Attached Files:

7. slim2nun

slim2nun Private E-2

I dont know how to stress any kind of importance to this problem , to draw attention. so ill just keep posting until some one see's. I have put the pertinent information that has been required. I appriciate any pointers you can offer in this reagrded problem .. thank you

8. ScoobySnack

ScoobySnack Private First Class

Sim City 4 is notoriously touchy and prone to crashing and freezing. From reading over your last post, I think you might be on the right track with the defrag idea... If you've been installing/uninstalling alot on a small hdd, you're bound to have a lot of fragments that you're not going to catch with just the built in windows defrag.

First, I'd first make sure that you have about 10% of your total drive space free after you have installed everything you want on your system, including the space you'll be taking up with the sc4 install. Having your hdd completely full can cause problems. Remove programs as necessary.

Second, use a third party defrag program like Iobit. It couldn't hurt to run CCleaner either for good measure, to tidy up your drive.

After you have ample space and your drive is good and tidy, reinstall sc4 and see how things go.

9. slim2nun

slim2nun Private E-2

Welp that didnt work ether.. i guess my last option will be cd buffing... and a new computer will be last resort. i lent my boot cd's to a friend and he mysteriously lost them . so im up a creek with a toothpick for a paddle. thanks for giving situation some options guys.. I really appriciate the help . if anything else comes to mind . Let me know ill be checking this post periodicly .

10. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If that was my friend, I'd make them buy me a new game... If you borrow a movie our game from me I don't care if you lose any part of it. What you borrowed is what you will return, and what you need to do to accomplish that is not my problem.

Just a suggestion. ;)

11. ScoobySnack

ScoobySnack Private First Class

I think I'd mysteriously lose that friend until they came up with a new copy of my OS, ya!

I can't think of anything else right now except that having sc4 set to software rendering instead of hardware rendering for graphics makes it play alot nicer, i.e. not lock up, crash, go nutty as often. I'm not sure how you could set that outside the game or if it would even be relevant to your current issue seeing as that you freeze up before you ever get in-game.

I'll mull it over some more but in the meantime, have you tried asking anyone over at http://www.simtropolis.com/ ? They seem to be a pretty active community, someone there might be more spot on with an answer.

12. slim2nun

slim2nun Private E-2

yah . i have pondered a koo against this "friend of mine" in the past.. i just take a non responsive pact . You want to borrow something of mine again. No.. if you get back what you borrowed before to me, i will consider lending something . :).. any way, thanks for responding everyone. I have another FRIEND buffing the cd's out for me so i can try one last time to re-install clean . If that doesnt work im just goingto have to wait for a new computer. please feel free to post any ideas. the more the merrier.

13. thegamer

thegamer Private E-2

i start downloading sim city 4 deluxe and at 15.88 it says

a problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'd:/fonts/hy round gothic (bold).mxf'from the media

plz help and thats exactly what is says so plz help

nicocalafiore@gmail.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds