ENRON: A whole other level of sleeze

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kodo, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

(CNN) -- A Washington state utility released audiotapes Thursday that it said revealed bankrupt energy trader Enron Corp. plotted to take a power plant off-line in 2001 to jack up electric prices in Western states.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/03/enron.tapes/index.html

2. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

This is what I was telling people here in cali back when it happened, all I got was "why would they do that?", for money DUH!

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Well, now you have clear " I told you so rights ".. :)

4. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Now can you expose why our gasoline is so high?!?!?!?

5. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Well. almost two years ago, when gas dipped down to 1.35 a gallon,they decided it was time for "maintenance" on one of the big refineries in the cal bay area, they aren't fools.
    A lot of times oil companies charge higher prices that they blame on transportation costs, yet I live 90 miles from them and mine isn't cheaper :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds