Building my own Computer ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeN, Dec 26, 2005.

1. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

I'm hoping this is the right Forum for this post, I would like to build my own computer, is there any place on line that can walk you thru the "thought process" to getting started ??? I know I can post questions here at MG's, right now I'm not even sure what the questions are - I am retired and in no big hurry to finish such a project but am really looking forward to the challenge -

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

google should provide many sites for help.

i taught my self to build about 10 yrs ago.

read many forums, built and crashed to get the gist of it.

lots to understand, but todays motherboards need little configuration, not true with the old boards from years ago.
    where you going to buy the parts??
    i get mine from ebay.
    kjanx@direcway.com
    if you want some live help eventually.
    i burned up several hundreds of dollars of boards/cpus over the years.
    now, i can assemble a unit/load windows xp, have it running in 45 minutes.
    you can do the same eventually

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Of course you can always ask here , but the biggest lesson learned for my past 10 + years of pc building is READ ALL MANUALS! if you do, you can basically build yourself one, only troublesome part I had for a while was connecting the case ends to the mobo. I hate those single dongles :rolleyes:

4. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Yeah, connecting the case wires to the board for me is always the hardest part, especially with the gaming cases.

If you need anything just ask here!

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

6. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Thanks for all the info Guys, I'm sure as the project progresses we will be talking again and again...
    HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds