Shopping Cart for a FrontPage site?

Discussion in 'Software' started by evilevets, Sep 1, 2005.

1. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

I have been asked to add a Shopping Cart to someones FrontPage site. It is an existing site that they created, not realizing that one day they would want a shopping cart.

I am pretty good with FP, but have absolutely no experience with shopping carts. I also have no experience with php or SQL.

Are there shopping cart programs that are easy to integrate with an FP site that don't require a lot of database programming skills? Cost isn't really an issue. The site is currently hosted by a hosting service...might be godaddy now that I think about it.

So first, can anyone explain how shopping carts work? And what would be the best/easiest way to implement/add on to an existing FP site?

Thanks in advance,

-Steve

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

note that FP uses ASP not PHP.
    Check the host and see if they have an e-commerce shopping cart. In order to process cc's your client will need to have a merchant account. Some carts are just carts and don't make calls to the secure servers that process cc's. What ever you do, if you do find an asp shopping cart.. DO NOT OPEN IT IN FRONT PAGE!!!!! it WILL hose the code and you'll really be up the creek.

3. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

Think I'm going to go with this.

http://digishop.digisoft77.com/index.php

It's a bit pricey, but seems the easiest to use and implement. I would eventually like to learn php and MySQL, but just don't have the time right now as I already studying a lot of other stuff.

I emailed their Tech Support a few questions, and got a response within minutes...so I like them already!

-Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds