Avast problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bladesofhalo, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

I recently installed Avast, but I disabled it on startup by mistake, and now the icons wont appear in the tray, how do I get it to load on startup again.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

How did you disable it ...thru msconfig or something else?

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Through CCleaners Startup Manager

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

This may not be the prefered method (do you keep your downloads in a folder for later reinstalls?) ...uninstall and reinstall ....or system restore to before the cleaning ....or drag it to your startup folder.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

As TimW says, uninstall and re-install solves a lot of problems.

I use Starter by Codestuff http://codestuff.tripod.com/ to manage my startup items.
    Free, but not available as a download from MG.
    The second line is where you enter the path and exe for your desired startup item.
    Once you have enterred the path, the program fills in all the rest.
    Only thing left is to name the Startup item, on the top line.

This program is NOT required for any program (of course) that installs as a startup item.
    Mainly used to add or delete startup items, at a later date than when installing programs. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds