Anybody know how this is done?

Discussion in 'Software' started by da chicken, May 25, 2003.

1. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

2. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

I believe there was a site that let you make custom smilies, maybe a new feature is to put script in your smiley?

3. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Simple. its script asa you said.
    any website can detect your IP, unlesss your proxied. so with that info the script creates an image,

4. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

But how do you code a script to produce a dynamic jpeg? Obviously all they've done is take the environment variables in the request header, but how do you build the jpeg?

5. Draith

Draith Private E-2

I think i've seen something like this before...I'm not entirely sure if it's a true jpeg or not. The occurances i've seen allowed you to input data that would get posted into the image...lemme see if i can find another example, it might help and you might be able to find the code in the input page...

6. Draith

Draith Private E-2

here we go. I'm not quite sure if this too could be considered what you were looking for, but it used a php script to write text on the card the girl was holding. the site's currently ended the use, but you could ask the designer for the php code and start from there.

ciao!
    o Draith

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

it would involve some rather complicated scripting, probably in java, and setting the server up to PARSE jpg files instead of just sending them straight away.

8. Draith

Draith Private E-2

9. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Ah. Thx Draith. Your posts are less confusing, now!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds