No Sound: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrmodine, Nov 6, 2008.

1. mrmodine

mrmodine Private E-2

Hello,

I've been having problems with my sound since a fresh install with new hardware. Getting ahold of Abit for help is impossible as they never pick up the phone.

I have an IP35 Pro mobo but I think this is a somewhat common issue as I have found some complaints but no fixes. I'm running XP sp3. The problem is, I have no sound whatsoever unless I disable the Microsoft UAA bus driver... manually. As soon as I do that, I have sound. HOwever, I have tried everything to get it to work correctly to no avail.

I tried the latest Realtek drivers today (208) from the realtek website and got the same problem. It looks as though when I installed and ran all the ms updates, it probably applied the MS Update for this which applied to sp2. Later in the process, it loaded sp3 and it seems that might be where the issue comes from. I know this, if I uninstall it from device mangler and my sound comes back, next time I reboot the problem returns so I think the driver is reloading automatically.

I would really appreciate some help. I'm going to attach an Everest report here as well.

Once again, my troubleshooting steps already tried:

New drivers...several times
    Drivers from Realtek instead of manufacturer
    Remove everthing and reboot
    checked bios settings
    checked for splats in device mangler for any other devices
    everything is clear...but no workie workie.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher

2. mrmodine

mrmodine Private E-2

attached

Attached Files:

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    You're correct in assuming that the problem is related to the SP3 update. As it turns out, the UAA update (also known as KB888111) is not supported by SP3. This is why disabling it gets your audio to work. Personally, this is one reason I haven't installed SP3 on my home PC; I've seen all the trouble it's been causing people with their audio drivers. But so what, right? You want your audio to work and couldn't care less about what service pack I have and why. LOL Take a look at this thread and see if it helps.... other than that, I really don't have much to offer :-o
    Good luck!

4. mrmodine

mrmodine Private E-2

thank you , I'll give it a go.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds