Php

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cynergy Diva, May 4, 2009.

1. Cynergy Diva

Cynergy Diva Private E-2

I have downloaded a file that is php format but I can't open it. It says it's a broderbund easy prints type file. When I click to open it, my Broderbund Print shop Gold opens but then does not open the file because it's telling me that this software does not support this file type.

Does anyone know what software I need to open a php file?

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here are the programs that use the php extension:
    Creatacard Quick Prints Project (Broderbund)
    PhotoParade Slideshow (Callisto Corporation)
    Presentation
    Picture It! Publishing Project File (Microsoft Corporation)
    PHP Script (The PHP Group)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

What file extensions does your Print Shop Gold use?

3. Cynergy Diva

Cynergy Diva Private E-2

I don't know. How would I find that out?

4. plodr

5. Cynergy Diva

Cynergy Diva Private E-2

It seems to use a variety of extensions depending on the project. My projects are saved as .SIG The label projects are saved as .LBL Stickers are .STI and then there are some that are .NWS which I don't understand.

So does this mean I have to buy software to be able to open these .php files? They seem to have been created with Broderbund Easy Print Type. Do I have to buy that, or is there something I can download from the net?

6. plodr

It would appear that if you want to use a php type file you do need different software to use it.
    If you downloaded and it said it was Easy Prints then you either have to purchase that or the first one in my list - Creatacard Quick Prints Project.
    Look on eBay, you may be able to find an older version at a reduced price.

7. Cynergy Diva

Cynergy Diva Private E-2

The chick that sent it to me says I should be able to open it with notepad or wordpad. But when I try that all I get is: <?php
    header("Location: Articles/index.php");
    ?>

So I don't know.

8. plodr

Have her open it in wordpad or notepad, save it as a text file (with a txt extension) then resend it to you.
    Personally, I don't think either wordpad or notepad can open a php file.

9. Cynergy Diva

Cynergy Diva Private E-2

Yeah I already sent her an email asking her to do that. In the meantime, I found something called notepad++ that it opens with.

I don't get why the default would be my Print master though when it doesn't even support that file type. Oh well.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds