1. somae

somae Private E-2

We seemed to have some kind of infection. It was affecting Outlook Express on the limited user account and causing it to bring up a window that said that there was no internet connection. However, there was an internet connection and firefox was able to connect with no problem. Also, all information had been erased (mail server info, contacts, and downloaded email.)

Running CC Cleaner seemed to eliminate the "no internet" problem but there still are strange things happening. For instance, after I uploaded the files to this post, an open window in msword closed although I hadn't tried to close it.

Attached Files:

2. somae

somae Private E-2

SAS logs. I included a scan that seemed to detect a trojan (which caused me to think to do the complete cleaning).

Attached Files:

3. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

You don't appear to be having malware problems. All of your logs are clean. All SUPERAntiSpyware did was falsely detect your HotFax MessageCenter program. So if you need this program then restore what SAS removed or reinstall the program.

I suggest that you post in the Software Forum for problems with Outlook

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds