Network Controller Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jonathan458, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Jonathan458

Jonathan458 Private E-2

Hey, Im having issues finding the WIFI Driver for my Inspiron 6000 Dell XP.

I have gotten my Ethernet controller Driver updated and working but i cant seem to find my WIFI driver im in need of. Im assuming its the Network controller driver that i need cause its the only one thats related to my issue... Network/Wifi.

I did a Fresh install of Windows XP NOT using the original Disk, I knew i was going run into problems but it had to be done to use the computer. I used a disk from a desk top i have that's about 2 years older than the laptops version

I have checked the Dell site and saw some promising ones but none of them seem to work. Im hoping by trying a few of the drivers listed on the site would not screw up the computer but its a possibility.

I also updated the Chipset from the dell site. I don't know what good it did but i figured couldn't go wrong. :confused

So far i have these drivers missing in my Device Manager:

Multimedia Audio Controller
    Network Controller
    PCI Modem
    Video Controller
    Video Controller (VGA Compatible

I have installed the Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller from the dell website.

Any help would be a big help.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Depending on where you gained the XP CD from then it may not be a full version as some that are on the internet are hacked to bits and do not have all components to allow Windows to run correctly, not to mention they may come with malware.

But if you have installed the Chipset driver from Dell for your model and rebooted (if you have not rebooted do so as its important to allow the chipset to fully install) then install the following

PCI Modem

Network Driver

VGA Intel Graphics

Audio Controller

For Wireless and your DELL has many different ones it can use please follow the below as written and "attach the log" so we can find the correct one.

Download and install Everest to find this info, at times a summary log of your PC can help, to do this

if you have your Dell Service Tag code then that would be better as it narrow down all your hardware in one go.

3. Jonathan458

Jonathan458 Private E-2

The Disc is literaly brane new from when i got the dekstop 10 years ago. Never been open.

heres the Everest.
    View attachment Report2.txt

Service tag number is..... GLQLS01

4. Jonathan458

Jonathan458 Private E-2

Service Tag pulls up a OptiPlex GX150 Desktop.....???

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Weird on the Service Tag!

The Wireless driver is an Intel Pro 2200BG one and its HERE

6. Jonathan458

Jonathan458 Private E-2

Awesome thank you for your help. Worked like a charm!

Thank you
    Jonathan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds