WeatherBug Won't Show Data

Discussion in 'Software' started by spirittoo, Jul 4, 2012.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Hello again :wave ... I'm having problems getting weatherbug to work with XP Pro 32 bit and Win 7 U 32 bit. I have another computer that has no issues with weatherbug with an XP OS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it on both OS yet instead of data I have "?". rolleyes I have the same anti virus and firewall on the computer that has no issues with weatherbug and the setting for them are the same on the computer that has issues with the software. Anyone out there that can help me out with this problem?:confused

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

If it is pulling data from noaa.gov or weather.gov, there has been a change of formats, that has caused some weather programs to not work properly. If you have Firefox, you can use the Weather Watcher add-on, from Singer's Creations.

Also make sure that you have tried different weather stations also. Weatherbug is one of those programs that people tend to go past, since it tends to serve up too many advertisements.

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Thank you very much ... I was thinking of finding another weather application, but I didn't know what ... that addon for firefox is a great idea.:-D:wave

4. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

I added on the weather watcher but I don't see it ... I use the add toolbar function and I right click on the icon for what I think is the weather ... ask it to retrieve the current weather and nothing. What am I doing wrong?:confused:-orolleyes

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You can add your location for weather watcher, by going to addins in tools, and then change preferences. Also if you right click on the icon, you can then also choose to change preferences.

6. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:waveI see the options in the add on section but I don't see the weather report or condition in the browser how do I see it? Or did I do something wrong?:confused:-o

7. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

For Weather Watcher, it shows up i the add-on bar at the bottom of the browser, but you have to set it up, by adding what cities you wish to see the weather in.

8. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:wave I screwed up when I first installed it,LOL so I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, now it works:clap ... thanks much.:dancer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds