Spam?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jimsing59, Aug 29, 2014.

1. jimsing59

jimsing59 Private E-2

Why was my comment marked as spam?

"The reasons behind the cease and desist letter in my not so humble opinion is that they don't like their software labeled as "Bundleware" and they prefer that users go to their official mirror at Filehippo."

Topic was CCleaner and now their website prohibits mirroring of CCleaner Slim. This was MajorGeeks bad.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly I cannot see any thread or post you have made in relation to CCleaner so far, so dont know why it was marked as spam, there can be the occasions our spamfilter will moderate a thread or post for review if it triggers a few exceptions and these can just be innocent things like finishing a sentence like.............. (the fullstops) can be randon text jhhaskjhas (malware files can look like this) can be certain words, too many to use but they could be considered swear words, not to say you used any of this, just giving a possibility to a post flagged as spam.

I cannot see anything marked for moderation from you in the log, will have to look in the forum database logs for any reference.

Can you link to the thread you commented in?

***** EDIT *****

Ah ok as I cannot find anything of yours on the forum, I can only imagine its this article HERE and as this is not the forum area, I do not know as all I deal in admin side is the forum, for the main site you will need to use the About Us and email Tim

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds