Last night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lev, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

So after work, we went hunting and my husband got himself a very nice large black tail buck....3 point...something he has wanted to get for a very long time. Shame he had to shoot it at the very bottom of the creek. Took nearly 3 hours to pull it out in the pitch black and pouring rain!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Hunting......tsk tsk...... (I'm anti-it)

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

It will ALL get eaten...no waste....even the skin will get used, and the antlers mounted. You should see how much of a cow gets wasted in a commercial enterprise :)

4. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Have a heart, hunt a cow. :)

5. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I lived in Cortland NY and that happened when I was very small. A chinese man came to town to visit family and had never been hunting or in the country before. He shot himself a cow and mounted it on his car for the through town glory drive and everything... He had to pay the farmer $3000 for it :p

6. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Most Texans do the same thing ;)

7. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

It's a good thing hamburger grows on trees, or a lot more people might be tempted to stop eating it. ;)

8. slider

slider Major Wise-***

Very nice.

BTW, I am not anti-hunting, just anti-hunting by guys who are drunk - every year in this area some idiot shoots himself or someone else after drinking beer all day. Most hunters just love the outdoors and enjoy the hunt whether or not they get anything. I miss hunting with my grandpa - he loved to drink,but never touched the stuff when out hunting, and taught me how to enjoy the outdoors, camp, fish and use a rifle responsibly. He died when I was 14, and I wish I had had more time with him. Good memories. :)

9. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

When I lived in the Berkshires, I heard it was a Korean and he shot a goat...

Possible Urban Legend?!?

10. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Lev,

This was a nice deer! Only one question! How does one see how to shoot in the dark? :)

11. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

I'm a vegetarian because I love to kill plants! :cool:

12. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Nice!! I have to say I am quite fond of deer jerky (if it is done right) and the ground meat (is that what they call venison??)!!

I've never been necessarily anti or pro hunting...but I do think it is needed to help control the animal population!! Otherwise...there will be too many head-ons with bambi!! However...if you do kill something for sport...I strongly feel that it should be utilized to the fullest extent...and if you can't then give it to someone who will!!!!

Once again...nice catch!!

Roger

13. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

@Star "Most Texans do the same thing"......thats cause the cows are bigger

@Novice....."This was a nice deer! Only one question! How does one see how to shoot in the dark?".......those brite and shiny spot lights, works well

14. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

That's possible... I was just a little kid when i heard it and never since. Or maybe it really did happen and it was so stupid it became an urban legend... who knows anymore. I lived in a place where 2nd cousin means datable - don't ask about IQ. :p

15. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

@Novice & Wobbles ...... shooting with the aid of lights in Oregon is illegal. We shot the deer at 5.30pm, while it was still light. We had to get it out the creek, and by the time we had gutted it it was dark, so the climb back up the creek wqas in pitch black, not the shooting :)

@Roger.....groudn meat is called hamburger or in the UK mincemeat, and yes, deer is venison.

We hunted ALL freakin' weekend to fill my deer tag. Saw 4 does, 2 spikes, 1 bob cat, 1 funny furry grey thing (what was that about???), one turkey and a lizard! No bucks!! Grrrr. I guess no deer for me this year....you'll be pleased to hear McAdam :p Man, I ache so much today!

@Slider.....I agree. Drinking and guns do not work. The great outdoors is to be eboyed and shared, safely :D

16. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Lev I just had to say this, no intention of hacking your thread, but looking at the topic I just realised that it has sexual connotations :p

17. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

ROFL....I started this thread, and I can assure you, it had no sexual connotations. Neither my husband or I are into beastiality :p And before you say the animal was dead, we aren't into necrophilia either ;)

That was a pretty off-the-wall hack lol

18. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

No way it was related!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

No, we put the hunter on the car :D

[​IMG]

20. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

Lev hunting with lights is illegal every where......making a joke, he ask about how to hunt in the dark.........I've lived in a few states, where it happened a lot, and made the papers.........wobbles...

21. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I wasn't sure being new to the country...I just know it is illegal here as that is where I hunt. If anyone makes a law about anything, someone is going to break it...just because :)

22. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

the only people that don’t have to worry about the hunting laws, and Native Americans….they can hunt and fish any time of the year, so since they can hunt during the day, why would the want to hunt at night, but they could…….wobbles

23. pdcooper

pdcooper Staff Sergeant

You should only be able to hunt your own species. :p

24. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Thats not even remotely funny.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds