Google problems...

Discussion in 'Software' started by maques, Jun 12, 2006.

1. maques

maques Private E-2

has anyone experienced this: whenever i run a search on google no sponsored listings show up? google tech support is of no help. any suggestions are welcome! thanks...

- max

2. Milty_Mada

Milty_Mada Private E-2

What browser are you using? Have you always experienced this problem?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

As well as knowing which browser you are using are you also using any popup or advert blockers i.e AdMuncher?

4. maques

maques Private E-2

i'm using ie 6.0... i have avg running and no pop-up blockers... i've spoken to google and they're stumped other that suggesting i run ad-aware, s&d, and cw shredder (all of which i'd already done)... the problem started a few weeks ago and i haven't noticed any other apparent symptomps of any other issues... thanks!

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Please all stick to the actual question, which is missing Google ( sponsored ) AdSense adverts and not how to block these types of adverts... we do pride ourselfs with sticking to the topic over getting sidetracked, sometimes confuses the thread.

What other suggestions did google offer, may save us going through the same ideas?

could try as a longish shot to delete temp interent files and cookies, plus run a registry scan to clean rougue old entries out, one maybe corrupt!

CCleaner
    Will clean temp files and cookies plus it will clean your regisrtry, do when cleaning the registry choose to save what its about to remove, you are given the choice in a popup message before the old registry files ( keys ) are removed.

CleanUp!
    then as a 2nd backup cleaner run this one to get what CCleaner may have missed ( this one does not clean the regisrty tho )

have you tried another browser to see if the adverts show, try either Firefox or Opera

6. maques

maques Private E-2

you guys rock!.. running cleanup! did it... thank you!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds