Backing Up Outlook

Discussion in 'Software' started by fxmaher, Oct 28, 2002.

1. fxmaher

fxmaher Private E-2

Hello,

I'm a new user of Outllok, and i apologize if this question is fundamental. I suppose I am paranoid because I was always backing up my old (pre-outlook) contact mgmt. d-base - and I would like to do the same thing with Outlook. Short of re-copying the entire outllok application everytime I want to backup - I was wondering whether I can just copy a few critical files. Any help is greatly appreciated.

FXM

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

use the import/export wizard.

Its under the file menu. You can just export to another PST file and burn that to disc.

You can also set the auto archive to do so more frequently to clean up he size, and you can set the store folder to a different place so it's easy to find the pst file to burn it to disc.

One caution, if you burn a PST file to disc and then try to use it be sure you copy it to the hard drive and remove the read only attribute that it got when you burned it, or Outlook will freak out and it won't work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds