Holy $%&*..now that's a catfish

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Feb 25, 2015.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Re: Holy $%&*

OMG that thing is huge!!!

3. LauraR

And ugly!

Seriously, what do you do with something like that? Eat it? Stuff it?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Need a house size bag of fries to go with that!

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

That is one big fish, especially for freshwater. I have heard of them getting pretty big, never seen one that big. They are bottom feeders, don't know if I would want to eat that or not. Now, some grain fed catfish raised in a pond, I love eating them.

6. LauraR

That fish is well fed!

I wonder how old the poor thing was. Seemed he lived a good life with plenty of food.

7. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

8. crookedbandit

crookedbandit Sergeant

u outta c the one that got away !!!!!!!!!!! lol

9. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Wow - That's a wells catfish. They were artificially introduced in southern Europe and becoming quite a problem... well for other fish.

Personally - I'd batter and fry it. ;)

10. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I read they can grow to an average of 6.5 feet, but this one measured 8.8 and weighed 280 lbs. It's said it's the world's largest wels catfish to be caught by rod and reel. Article says they will eat about anything (or at that size, anyone).

A guy named Dino Ferrari caught it Thursday in Italy's Po Delta river. He set it lose after getting some pictures, it's said. Like LauraR, I wonder how old it is? For that matter, I wonder how it was weighed?

11. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I believe it was pulled from a Lenovo Supercomputer... LOL

12. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

That's a big creature - those things are scary. I had a UDT friend who did some training in the Mississippi River before he went to 'Nam - he said that one time he saw a cat's eye in front of him, and the other eye was about six feet away...yikes!

13. LauraR

Ah...I hadn't seen that. I'm glad he set it free. :)

14. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I keep expecting someone to reveal that the person next to the fish in the picture is afflicted with dwarfism, and the fish isn't actually very big at all...

15. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

LOL

Now, that's an angle I didn't consider. Perhaps the fish caught HIM and then set him loose after some photos . . . :-D

16. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

There has been reported cases of kids and pets in Asia being swallowed whole by Catfish.~ Legend or fact? I dunno?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds