Wirst pain fix...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corporal Punishment, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Thought I would share this. For obvious reasons I have been dealing with incredible writs and shoulder pain for a while and was looking into a new mouse to see if it could help.

I actually had a similar idea to this design about 5 years ago and was glad to find someone had actually made it. http://www.evoluent.com/vmouse2.html

It has help a TON…and highly recommend it to anyone who is having a similar problem.

Now it takes some getting used to –its kind of big and sideways. About a week will do you (I ran two mice at once to help the curve) But once you get used to it you wont go back.

The pain has reduced at least 80% over the last two month and almost all the strength in my hand has returned… Looks like I can put off that operation. ;)

Anyway – hope some else will find it useful.

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Looks like a smart concept CP. Glad it's helping the pain.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

He almost has me talked into it and I never listen to him.

4. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Supposedly trackballs are better on the bones than standard mice, particularly with shoulder pain, since you don't use the shoulder at all. I've tried them, but just can't get used to them, particularly for gaming. This one looks more promising.

I'm pretty picky about ergonomics and positioning, and haven't had any problems yet, even though I spend all day at a puter at work, and all night on one at home most nights. Knock on wood. ;)

5. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

thats cool that it helps, but LOL taht looks insane, I don't think i could get used to a mouse like that, i am perfectly happy with my mx518:)

6. quirk

quirk Corporal

hey, neato!
    Glad it helps, but does it have more of a joystick feel than a mouse?

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Wow that's pretty cool! But would it fit under my desk on my keyboard tray?

8. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I just recommended that to my IT fellow. Looks good to me. Gaming or working, and not more tired wrist feeling. Woohoo, sign me up. Thanks for the post.

9. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Notice his wrists hurt less, he just cant spell wrist.

10. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Looks good to me. Tim any build quality concerns or is it pretty solid? Thinking of ordering one for home today. Oh yeah, have you used it for gaming yet? If so, was there any lagtime or did it seem pretty responsive?

11. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

12. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Once your head adapts to it, its just like a mouse. Actually -- the buttons become easier to use. Its 4 button with scroll .. the extra buttons become very natural.

And no -- it wont help spelling.

;)

13. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Good deal on the sideways mouse helping with the wrist and shoulder pains, C.P.

I use a Logitech Trackman Marble FX trackball mouse for similar reasons. The drawback, like G.T. said is that it doesn't suit some games, which I usually don't have time to play anyway. I have a little notebook optical mouse (i.e. smaller movements), if I get the urge to play something that's too awkward for the trackball.

14. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

That is an awesome keyboard, I bet it will be around $300 though, maybe more:eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds