Gateway DX2400-09 to XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by dreamfish, Sep 24, 2010.

1. dreamfish

dreamfish Private E-2

Hi guys, need help getting the right driver for my old SONY notebook VGN-S260P
    every since I upgrade it to Win XP Pro sp3, my widescreen has converted to regular sized screen. I'm thinking that the video driver is not up to date. however, couldnt' find the most recent driver for it.
    attached a report for my computer. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, dreamfish.

Download and install this Sony file, reboot, and see if your symptoms change.

3. dreamfish

dreamfish Private E-2

SONY S260P video driver prob

Caliban,
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the driver, installed it. But doesn't work. The window XP starts, but nothing on the screen for a while.. then some scrip showed up and went away really fast, computer reboots itself.

Thanks, and I think the title of my thread is wrong.

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

No problem. You should be able to go to the Gateway or Sony site (whichever applies), find their support and driver download pages, and plug in your specifics.

As far as the reboot: get into Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Startup and Recovery settings, and make sure 'automatically restart' is unchecked and applied (I'm not on an XP machine, but your path should be similar). Try to record any blue screen information if the machine crashes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds