Twain for CanoScan D1250U2

Discussion in 'Software' started by heinlein, Dec 15, 2004.

1. heinlein

heinlein Private E-2

While I was loading Mandrake 10.1 I stupidly accidently wiped out my C: drive, at least I didn't lose everything as I have multiple partitions. After re-installing XP and assorted other items I tried to scan a DVD to print using Epson Print CD on my Stylus Photo 200. It didn't work so I re-installed the software that came with the scanner. During the process a message popped up saying a twain driver was not installed; which is what I thought I was trying to install, but I've misplaced the book that came with the scanner and don't know how to install the twain driver. Using driverguide.com I did find a driver and downloaded it, but don't know what to do with it. When I try to scan I get a message "Twain source open error".
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Fleabus

Fleabus Private First Class

3. heinlein

heinlein Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I had already found that site and downloading from there didn't help, but since then I realized what I had to do and went the "Add hardware" route instead of just installing software. It appears to be working now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds