Trick using air purifiers to keep casing dust free

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rileyz, Oct 23, 2014.

1. rileyz

rileyz Private E-2

When you have just a single room packed with a lot of equipment and the casing just seems to accumulate all the dust there is a trick you can use . Just get hold of any of the cheap HEPA filters available online and switch it on .Just make sure you place it close to the casing and voila all the static dust just seems to disappear ;)

Has anyone tried this trick before ??

http://go-clair.com/

This is the one I used:

<snip>

PS : This image is from the website . My room doesn't look anyway close to this ..:-D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Bleepimus

Bleepimus Private E-2

Sounds interesting. I'll ask someone I know if he's tried it and whether it works. But I wonder if keeping a dust-static feather duster near the computer will work. hehe

3. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

I think this option might be a lot cheaper, plus you get to brag that you built it yourself :-D

4. mindthegap

mindthegap Private E-2

how I dare to boast when people look at that and know it's DIY immediately? plus how often that I have to change the filter?

@rileyz: I think it's pretty small compare to alike products. does it work well?

5. rileyz

rileyz Private E-2

Ha Ha if I'd used one then that feather duster in itself would accumulate more dust and I'd have to get a new duster very other day to keep up with all that dust from piling up :tired

6. rileyz

rileyz Private E-2

Yeah its small but I guess its not a regular air purifier . Its got an e2f filter which does not require a powerful fan like the other HEPA air purifiers (found this on their website). I also noticed I am less prone to seasonal cold and flu these days must be cos these purifiers not only remove dust but also disease causing virus which cannot be eliminated by HEPA air purifiers. For me its like killing two birds with one shot . Got rid of the dust as well as disease ;)

7. mindthegap

mindthegap Private E-2

I was a bit skeptical of the size so I order the big one TD1866 and it arrived a week ago and now I'm back to give the positive feedback. If only you could see how relieved I am when going back home and don't find dust cover my stereo and TV sets :D. Also it runs so quietly that sometimes I can tell only by its blue LED light indicator :))

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds