Windows XP - Unable to switch between Multiple Users

Discussion in 'Software' started by tradertt, May 13, 2006.

1. tradertt

tradertt Private E-2

Hi Guys,

Need some help over here.

I am having a problem with my Windows XP. When I login to 1 User Account and I try to do a Switch User to another user account, the screen where I get to choose the rest of the user accounts does not allow me to go into the new user account.

Does anyone know why?

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Is it that the cursor does not show up in the password field?

3. tradertt

tradertt Private E-2

Nope I did not set a password for it.

When I click on the user, it switches to a blue screen (like it is logging in) and then back to the user page again.

4. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Private First Class

Do you have fast user switching enabled? This needs to be running in order to switch between users.

5. rmruk

rmruk Private E-2

I know that this can happen if you've got Novell network software installed.

6. tradertt

tradertt Private E-2

Yes I did. Without it I cannot even Switch user :)

I do not have Novell Software installed in my computer ...

What should I do !! :(

7. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Private First Class

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. Has this always been a problem or is it something recent? One thing you might try is to disable all your start up programs. Go to Start Run. Type in msconfig. Disable all the startup programs. Reboot. Log into your account and then try logging into the other one. If it works then you know that there is a conflict with one of the programs you have running. That's all I can think of right now. Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds