Drivers for dell dimension 5150

Discussion in 'Software' started by Helterskelter, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Helterskelter

Helterskelter Private E-2

Hey all,

I have recently formatted my Dell dimension 5150. I have have managed to find all the drivers except for the ones for PCI device and PCI Simple communications controller. I have tried the dell support site and the sound driver for sigmatel called R114282, with no luck.

I'm quite sure these drivers are for sound, but i could be wrong. I would appreciate any help on this thanks.

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

This was moved out of the Malware Forum to the drivers forum since it has nothing to do with malware. ;)

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The sound driver is a high-definition audio driver. So, download and install the Microsoft UAA Audio update. You can get it from this direct link. Install it first, then install your sound driver and it should be OK. The "PCI Simple communications controller" is just the dial-up modem. If you don't use dial-up internet, you can simply leave it uninstalled, disable it, open the case the and physically remove the modem, or (if you need to be complete) install the Dell modem driver from here. There are 2 different modems listed and I have no way of knowing which is yours. You can run a program like Unknown Devices to find out what the exact make of the modem is.... good luck!

4. Helterskelter

Helterskelter Private E-2

Thanks for the info. Everything is tip-top now. I realized part of my problem was my windows was too old to run the drivers. Anyway thanks for the help.

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds