Brother Printer installation issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chipper_atmacneil, Sep 8, 2007.

1. chipper_atmacneil

chipper_atmacneil Private First Class

I'm having a rather irritating time reinstalling my Brother MFC-240C printer after a system reformat. The Vista printer driver I downloaded from Brother will not reinstall properly. I have been following the instructions for installation, but the stubborn bug won't give up. rolleyes

What happens when I try to reinstall is that it will let me run the installer up to the point of hooking up the printer, but once I do that, and turn it on, nothing happens. I've left the thing sit for hours knowing that the driver isn't supposed to respond immediately, but it's never taken this long before and it doesn't appear to be doing anything.

This is rather frustrating for me, :bangheadas the printer has been installed to help start a business; in its present state it's useless, aside from being a good photocopier. The system I use is an MDG desktop computer with Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks guys,

Chipper :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  2. chipper_atmacneil

chipper_atmacneil Private First Class

To anyone else who's having trouble installing a Brother printer (actually, it could apply to any manufacturer) on Vista. If you have all your Windows updates, try going to Control Panel and check the printers list in 'Add a printer'. If it's giving you grief to install, it may be because it's already there. ;)

My issue is resolved. :cool

Chipper ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds