wat kind of anti virus i can download from here is the best?

Discussion in 'Software' started by inuyasha_vn0, Jan 6, 2005.

1. inuyasha_vn0

inuyasha_vn0 Private E-2

i got an avast antivirus software but it wont update anymore cuz i accidentally erased a temp file of it, and theres a virus or something like that is in my com, can anybody help me? :rolleyes:

2. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

3. inuyasha_vn0

inuyasha_vn0 Private E-2

well, that wont work cuz i have tried it thrice already

4. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If you are using Windows XP or ME turn off System Restore ( as that will replace the virus on reboot ) then use this online scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

if you are clear then you can turn System Restore back on.

Uninstall Avast and either re-install it or choose one of the free ones in the list Solaris linked you too.

edit: Also get yourself a software firewall liek ZoneAlarm, Outpost or Sygate all have free versions.

6. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Missed the part of the post where it said you tried avast...sorry about that. AVG from the link I posted is probably the next best choice.

7. inuyasha_vn0

inuyasha_vn0 Private E-2

wat kind is the best 4 windows ME?

8. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Just uninstall and reinstall avast.

if you are fit with avast, search for the forums first, there about 2049 threads on this topic. Perhaps a mod could pin a topic that shows which antivirus clients are good and bad and stuff.

9. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

IMO NOD32 is the best,not free but worth it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds