Help identifying a symbol

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mcadam, Jan 1, 2006.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Hey folks, can anyone tell me what this sign means? (Looks like a backwards question mark)

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

In what context have you seen it in or is this a... I know what it is question and we have to work it out?

very rushed guess.... something to do with wardriving?

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Lol no I need to know! I saw it on a friend's wall, they had an interior designer come and do it for them, and liked it so have used it to decorate my room, I'll post pics of that in a bit as I've now finished!, but yeh I'm not too sure.... it must have some meaning

4. jimmyboy

jimmyboy Private E-2

My guess is that it's simply a design choice. It's probably there merely for decoration, and really isn't a symbol of anything else.

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I've seen it amongst other places though, I'm just trying to remember where. It must have a meaning...

If it doesn't then I'm going to assign it a meaning and I shall be famous for it :D:D

6. star17

star17 MajorGeek

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Not there star :(

8. star17

star17 MajorGeek

omg, then it's satanic! :D

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

It's feng! :)

10. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Dunno for sure, but probably a variation of the 'Quazzy Mark', which is un upside-down question mark, used in Spanish, amongst other things.

I've seen the mirrored question mark as an ASCII variation symbol, but apart from some rather obscure scientific notations, I haven't noticed it used that much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_mark

(question mark or quazzy mark looks like ¿ )

Unless you're writing in Arabic, then it is indeed mirrored:

11. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Hmmmm....I'm thinking of giving it a meaning!

12. star17

star17 MajorGeek

You better, 'cause it's lacking :D

13. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

It means you've turned Arabic, and ask too many questions. (See earlier post). ;)

14. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

OH JEEZ GUYS! It's easy!

mcadam had it right in the first place.

The interior designer is dyslexic.:p :p

15. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

normally 3yr olds draw away from me!......

16. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Ouch!

OK from now on, it is the opposite of the question mark, it now means..........{drum roll please}.....................................................................................................................................
    ................................................................................................................................................
    ................................................................................................................................................
    .......................................................................................................................

Someone who knows their ways and is understanding, not just towards others but about themselves.

I will elaborate more on it if need be, but I though as it's sort of the opposite of a question mark, it could mean the opposite to questions, confusion etc.

What you think? I was giving it thought earlier at lunch :)

17. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

lets me out I guess.....

18. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Now that's cause for thought....Halo thinks of sheep at lunch, and mcadam solves some of life's little mysteries. :)

And, not surprisingly, Rumple is looking for an easy out :D

19. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

cause for thought?.....that in itself is a bit of a surprise....can't say as if said scrawl has caused me much in the way of lost sleep....or should that be lost sheep?....nah couldn't be, Kodo would have rounded them up by now.......far as I can see the only thing that macadam solved was poor road surfaces......

anyways young rocket person how are you and the very good lady this evening?

...and I wasn't looking for an easy out btw...it just sorta fell my way.....

20. star17

star17 MajorGeek

No, I was causing for thought...I do that every now and then ;)

The lady is doing fine, actually engrossed in some American Football on the tube; our local NFL squad, the Jaguars, are having an easy time of it 34-0; she's wondering if the team with the 0 will still get paid this week :D

Things are copasetic with me, still building things that go way out there and loving every minute of it :)

21. star17

star17 MajorGeek

LOL...make that 40-0 :D

22. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

Jacksonville Jaguars winning 34-0....don't know who they're playing but with that scoreline they should consider handing the fans back a rebate...especially as they are grossly overpaid

copasetic or copacetic who cares as long as you are

...and I think I might recall someone telling me a year or three ago that you caused her thought all the time!!:)

23. star17

star17 MajorGeek

I think I took that for a cold once :p

Yeah, I think the fans here are grossly overpaid too :D

24. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

are we including the armchair ones in that btw?:eek:

25. star17

star17 MajorGeek

I'm not an armchair fan...right now, I'm on the couch :D

26. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

soz...a Miss Under Standing maybe....talking of which I thought you were referring to someone nearby in your earlier post!!:eek:

27. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Hey, remember whom I work for; if I can't talk in acronyms, I can't communicate worth a rat's rump ;)

btw, Tennessee is mounting a monsterous comeback...it's now 40-7 :p

28. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

if you want to talk to a rats rump be my guest....mmmmm...perhaps you already are......

29. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

oh no sorry....I couldn't give a rat's rump:confused:

30. star17

star17 MajorGeek

haha...my Florida vernacular is obvious :D

Dinner is ready, gonna go for bit; always nice to chat with you, we must do it again soon. :)

31. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

it's not for me to say I hope you get a bit....but yep, nice to chat again Chris bye for now

32. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Rumple my friend, note the spelling of my name and the tar company. The tar company was spelt "Macadam" whereas I'm "McAdam" - not only missing the first A but the second being a capital!

I rest my case..... I describe myself as the sign - can anyone help think of a name for it?

33. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

How about the Certainty mark or the McCertainty? (Since you are the description)

As in "You are not confused or questioning but certain of yourself or others." Use it in declarative statements that don't need the emphasis of an exclamation.

(Didn't mean to come down that hard.):)

34. star17

star17 MajorGeek

No name for it yet, but keep in mind as is with anything else in the world, some will like it, some won't :D

[​IMG]

35. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

to me, that just looks like really poor Hebrew

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds