Temp Internet files that wont delete

Discussion in 'Software' started by shyprincezz, Jun 12, 2004.

1. shyprincezz

shyprincezz Private E-2

i hope this is the board to post this question...
    im running windows xp
    use msn 8 browser
    went into temp file and select all...delete.....
    ran spybot search and destroy, ad aware, and cleanup

and still i have 14 temp files that will not delete...gggrrrr
    1. @6VC9N2Y5Q2`HS,X2XFC0A---i clicked on it and it took me to a jpeg of a guy biting an apple
    2. 021804 super ypba
    3. adsWrapper jscript script file
    4. adsWrapperAIM jscript script file
    5. AIM Garfieldv2Inc jscript script file
    6. cookie=1 gif
    7. findplayer
    8. garfield- .eye
    9. garfield-AUD .eye
    10. index2 jpeg
    11. playmessenger
    12. QueryAccount
    13. REL
    14. roomtabs

any ideas?? let me know if you need more info....thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for any suggestions.....

SHY

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Download and give this app a go... it cleans the Temp Internet folder etc etc ( I would bear in mind it may as a process of cleaning the cookies render your auto loggin to some forum and other sites to null, thus you will have to re-enter your login and password again )

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

3. shyprincezz

shyprincezz Private E-2

thanks so much for your suggestion halo....i tried that and unfortunatly it did not work, they are still there...but on a good note, i got rid of a bunch of other crap...lol.....

4. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Could try deleting them in safe mode

5. shyprincezz

shyprincezz Private E-2

yes cowboy, i did have browsers closed and rebooted afterward. i believe that cleanup program deletes things even when they are in use, you just have to reboot afterwards.

and general, i am only kinda computer literiate...lol....so i have no idea how to do what you suggested. that safe mode thing scares me because my first encounter with that was when my old computer crashed and i had to have someone look at it to tell me there was something wrong with my hard drive or something. so if it is not to complicated, i would appriciate some instructions for that. i dont know if deleting my aol messanger would get rid of these or not? since a couple of them have AIM with them, thats aol isnt it?

thanks again for your help.

6. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

To boot up in safe mode. Restart pc and press F8 This should give you the boot option. Once in safe mode delete the temp files the same way you would do in a normal boot

hi Robo didn't see you there

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

as a last resort if booting into safe mode and then deleting those temp internet files doesnt work, then a program I use will remove them permanently, only thing is this app will remove alot of what could be called "unsafe traceable" data, unless you read up on the functions.

the easiest way of removing just the temporary internet folder using Eraser would be.....

install and run the program ( its free for 30 days ) click Browser Traces > click the Browsers that are listed that you use IE, MSN, AOL etc etc whichever ones you use of those then the software will auto locate all the places that these browsers store data.

As you are using MSN then just tick that one then click properties ( I dont use MSN so I will be just guessing as to the options in its properties ) you will then be shown a list of areas that can be erased, the one you are really only looking to erase is the Temp Internet Files... ( Eliminate Temporary Intenet Files ) so only have that one ticked then click OK then click NEXT > Start and it will erase that location, you may need to restart your PC for the process to finish as I suspect those files you cannot delete are flagged as in use so wont delete normally.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=730

this software is powerfull in erasing data so PLEASE if your not sure on using it dont because data thats erased will NOT be recoverable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds