Recover Data from Formatted HardDrive?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cshd, Jul 3, 2007.

1. cshd

cshd Private E-2

Hi guys,
    well heres the story: My sister brought me a computer to fix for her friend who owns a restaurant. So all i did was an easy fix formatted the hard drive and installed windows. Well i brought it back to the owner and she is very sad that i have deleted all the files on the computer. If i knew she wanted to recover the data i would have installed the hard drive into my computer and backed it up for her but i didn't know.
    Heres the problem: She had a lot of records stored on the computer she needs and I was wondering if there was a way to restore some of her data that i formatted? I am willing to buy the software because i am getting more ppl who ask me to fix their computer. I know that since i installed windows on it, that it is impossible to recover all the formatted data but I think if i just get some she will be happy. I thank you for any help. Thank you.

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Runtime software's get data back seems to work the best for me,

3. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I've used Easy Recovery Pro version 6 in the past.... I don't have a link, but I'm sure a quick Google search will hook you up! Good Luck!

hd2k

5. abri

abri MajorGeek

I like EasyRecovery too. We recovered almost all the data on a reformatted harddrive using their software. I'm not sure how much Pro costs, but they have a number of different tools for different prices. The website is:

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/

abri

6. Doggard

Doggard Private E-2

Can you get a None Windows Mac 0s9.2.2 program?

I was trying to install 10.1 which I just found out was a Beta.... Even if I could Install the SYstem which I could not I still could not Open the Files on the Harddrive that I accidently Erased..... Eny Idea as to how to Recover this Data?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds