Big, Bad Storms.. Now it's Our Turn.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phantom, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Looks like it was our turn for some bad storm damage around Perth last night.

Seems that for suburbs around Pert got ripped up last night (Subiaco, City Beach, Hillaries and Greenwood). I heard a big clash of thunder and saw it was blowing the yard around to the max. I turned the computer off real quick! :eek:

Fortunately, I missed the brunt of it, but it was pretty close. A heap of houses and business' weren’t so lucky. Hopefully that's the last of the winter cyclones.

I didn't realize it was so bad until I watched the news. No one was seriously hurt, at least.

2. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Rottnest Island and Garden Island had some pretty strong winds last night; are you near there?

3. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yes, they are not far away. I am a bit further inland, thank goodness!

What surprised me, is that areas like Subiaco are pretty much inland too. The locals call these very brief, but destructive bursts (like mini tornados) "Cock-Eyed Bob's". (Typical Aussie type name, LoL!)

I thought they were talking about Queensland at first, which also got hammered with a tropical storm, but this one was local.

I realised that a bit more, when I found the neighbour’s above ground swimming pool (presumably empty!) in the street all mangled, ROFL!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds