Howdy

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ThirdManPro, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ThirdManPro

ThirdManPro Private E-2

My name is Ryan, I'm new here. I am currently having some major XP troubles. I posted a thread in the Malware section because I think its a malware problem, currently sorting out things. You guys are doing a great service here and I wanted to thank you for your help.

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Welcome to Major Geeks

:kissmy

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Shucks, :eek:
    Welcome to MG's. Those boys in malware will get you fixed up. ;)

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

5. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hi and welcome aboard :p

6. wminnebo

wminnebo Private E-2

Hi,
    My name is Willem or Will whichever you prefer. I have only just registered and also had a scroll through some of the stuff on your website. Main reason why I went to your site is because I keep having problems with my svchost process where one svchost just sits there chewing up all my CPU and of course grinding everything down to a halt. It usually happens after I resume my laptop from a Suspend. This morning I got a message "DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly" as a result of the svchost process error.

I have followed your " Basic computer maintenance everyone should do" and have run CCleaner both on my hard drive and registry. I already had RegCure and used that as well to check and fix errors in my registry. I also have XoftSpySE installed and running.

At the moment I am running one of your recommended programs "IObit SmartDefrag Beta 3" to also defrag my hard disk. I know this has nothing to do with my svchost problem though but after installing it and analysing my hard drive it was about time that I did this as well.

Although my problem isn't urgent (I don't think I have any malware) I would appreciate if anyone had any other suggestions to resolve my problem.

I love the site by the way and have already downloaded some great tools.

Cheers,

Will

7. savedbythebell

savedbythebell Private E-2

how you enjoyin your time so far (im a newbie here too tehe)

8. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds