Front Panel I/O

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kosmicken, Dec 23, 2005.

1. kosmicken

kosmicken Private E-2

I'm getting a new motherboard and I want to keep my case, but it doesn't have front panel USB or audio. I've looked around a little on Newegg and elsewhere, and there are lots of options to add these (and other) ports, but they all require running cables out the back of the case and plugging in to the ports they replicate. Are there any I/O panels out there that include USB and sound that use the motherboard's headers instead? I'd prefer a 3.5" version.

Speaking of front panel audio, every case I've looked at has only two audio ports (headphone and mic). Are there any that have 3 (one for line in), and do motherboards have line in headers? Or are you limited only to headphone and mic?

2. geekfan929

geekfan929 Private E-2

My store-bought computer has the 3 audio ports you mentioned in the front panel. Very convenient. It's a Compaq Presario, bought at WalMart, of all places. :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds