Epson Printer/scanner - Error Message

Discussion in 'Software' started by comeflymark, Oct 24, 2005.

1. comeflymark

comeflymark Private E-2

EPSON STYLUS PHOTO RX425/RX430 – ALL IN ONE

On launching the Scanner, the Epson Intro Page Version 2.65E is displayed followed shortly by escndv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have already un-installed the original drivers & re-installed new downloaded drivers from the EPSON website.

All other parts of the printer work correctly, including the scanner arm, as I can still do direct colour and B&W photocopies. It is purely the scanner software that doesn’t launch. I can only assume that there is a conflict of some sort. The only software that I have added since the printers’ installation about a year ago, are Windows and Norton updates.

I have had an EPSON online engineering talk-through session. They say it’s a Windows/MS problem and suggest re-installing Windows XP. Don’t want to do that.

Suggestions please ??

2. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

Yay at last a question that i know alot about .

How long have you had the printer?

3. comeflymark

comeflymark Private E-2

I was beginning to think that nobody would be able to help me. Thanks for replying.

I purchased the printer just under a year ago.

It is actually an Epson Stylus PHOTO RX430, which I believe is the same as the UK/Australian standard RX420/RX425. only Epson have tweeked the cartridge settings to stop you buying cheaper supplies overseas.

4. funky munky

i work in the cartridge industry there is a way around the chips.

have you phoned epsons help desk yet?

5. funky munky

scrap that i just read it again

6. funky munky

did you fully uninstall the previous drivers or just remove the program?

7. comeflymark

comeflymark Private E-2

Fully uninstalled every trace.
    Re-installed new downloaded drivers
    uninstalled
    re-installed original drivers

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

9. comeflymark

comeflymark Private E-2

Many Thanks to all concerned.

Followed the Link.

Uninstalled all to do with EPSON, including items from the registry.
    Re-installed the latest drivers.
    Now i'm up and running again.

10. funky munky

oh and you can buy rechippers for your epson from supermarkets and ink to go with them or if you want me to do some for you nice and cheap my email is waynepunkdude@gmail.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds