Australian F1 Motor Grand Prix today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, Mar 17, 2007.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yeah watched the Quali earlier, Mark did ok in the Toro Rosso, I think its his best chance for a good finish to the season in this car.

Kinda weird to watch without Shumi M this year, but the newbies did OK, my money is on Kimi, Massa or Alonso this year... dont think the hype around Hamilton will do him much good.

3. bigbazza

Local TV showed a doco on Hamilton's life, so far.
    Hope the hype doesn't get to him, although he seems to be a well rounded character, with a good Dad and a great motoring mentor. Bazza

===

4. bigbazza

As most of you F1 fans will already know, Lewis Hamilton (UK) came third in his first Grand Prix. A tremendous achievement.

Murray Walker and Sterling Moss (Sir) gave him a great rap.

Sterling Moss said he (Lewis) was the greatest thing to happen to F1 since the '50's.
    Great praise indeed from one of the greatest drivers.

Ferrari won it, as expected, with Kiki Raikonnen (sp?).
    Bazza

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes not a bad race Bazza, sadly one race does not make Hamilton the next Sterling Moss or Damon Hill, but its best to see how the season fairs for him, to judge his talent as many before have been heralded as the second coming only to fail, Fisichella and Heidfeld were in same boat when they first entered F1 but have not shined at the top really.

extra K needed and one less N Bazza ;)

But nice win for Ferrari and Massa did good job to get from last to 6th.

AUSTRALIA as usual put on a great show for th estart of the season and with the two Minogue hotties on the grid was a bonus :)

6. bigbazza

Looks like the next Australian Grand Prix, in Melbourne, will be a night affair, starting at around 8pm OZ time so you Pommies :D and the other Europeans, can watch it at around 10am your time, for a bigger audience.

They will really need excellent lighting to light up the track / road, for 300kph (200mph) speeds achieved during the race. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds