Problem with ethernet driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by FavorView, Dec 6, 2012.

1. FavorView

FavorView Guest

Hey,
    i have been looking around on different forums but not found the solution to my problem. I have installed a new HDD and booted up windows 7.
    As i tried to install my ethernet driver an error occurred. It pretty much told me that there was something wrong with the installation. After this i have tried re-installing the drivers and the OS several times with no luck.

Earlier the orange light on my i-net output has been active. At the moment it's not. I know there's nothing wrong with the internet cable in it self as i have tried it on another computer. I have had this issue before, but i can't remember what i did different then.
    Can anyone help me?

OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) - Ultimate => I also have Windows Vista (64-bit) - Ultimate available
    Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 (3.3 ghz)

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

What is the exact error message ? Is there any yellow ? in Device Manager menu ? :wave

3. FavorView

FavorView Guest

At the moment there wasn't any error at the installation itself. But there is a yellow: /!\
    The troubleshooting says:

Problems found
    The Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware- related problems.

As to this, i have strong doubts it's a hardware problem.
    Might be good to know that i used Windows Vista on my computer before i had to change HDD.

4. falconattack

5. FavorView

FavorView Guest

"Windows was unable to install your Ethernet Controller.
    Windows could not find driver software for your device.."

I needed .NET framework 4.0 to run driver fusion, and that requires internet to install. So i uninstalled manually.

6. falconattack

Did you reinstall the driver again ? What is the exact error message ? Did you run antivirus programme ? :wave

7. FavorVIEW

FavorVIEW Private E-2

I couldn't log in with my account, so i made a new one.

Anyway, i reinstalled the driver with no luck.
    The exact error message is as i wrote: "Windows was unable to install your Ethernet Controller.
    Windows could not find driver software for your device.."

And i did not run any anti-virus programs.
    Hope you can help me with this :)

8. FavorVIEW

FavorVIEW Private E-2

Case closed!
    I got some help from another guy, and it turned out i had to download the drivers in the right order. And not use the drivers on the Asus site, but rather on the driver manufacturer itself.

Hope this can be to help for others.

9. falconattack

Thank's for the feedback , i am glad you sorted it out , enjoy your connection :tas

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds