New at This

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by PuzzledCat, Dec 23, 2006.

1. PuzzledCat

PuzzledCat Private E-2

I am just trying this out. My objective is to find the Software or Operating System area and get help with some problems.

Thank you for allowing this posting. It does give me a bit of self confidence. That is pretty low after reading some of the areas here and not understanding them.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

What can we help you with? We can try and answer it here, then move it to the proper forum.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to the forums. im sure the guys & gals here can help you out....

4. PuzzledCat

PuzzledCat Private E-2

I hope so. I do have a question.

Yesterday I did the initial posting, and it immediately displayed.

Then I copied from WordPerfect a description of problems I am having with Windows XP. I posted it, I thought. I do not see it displayed any place. I thought maybe I had done something wrong, or there was a limit of one post per day.

So today I copied and posted the same description, modified and amplified by today's events. It is not displayed anywhere.

Does this mean someone reviews it before it displays? That is fine with me - particularly if that person can help me! I would just like to know what is happening.

Thank you.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I think your post was so long that it got caught by the spam filter. We usually approve themn immediately, but even on a holiday, we approve and delete posts within an hour. Sorry for the confusion, the good part is the spam filter blocks 90% of the spam people try and post here.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

7. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds