Question about Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Dec 4, 2007.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

My wife's Yahoo mail account hasn't been checked in months. She finally got around to looking at it the other day and she had over 11,000 total emails!! Over 4,000 were in the Inbox, the rest were Bulk. The Bulk mails are easy to erase, just empty the box, but the Inbox is a different story. It only displays 25 messages per page; is there a way to set this to 100 or more? My Yahoo account displays 50 per page. There's also got to be a way to just delete everything in the Inbox if desired.... any help is appreciated!
    Thanx.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Go to options (top right corner when on mail page) Click general preferences and at message results per page, you can set it to 200. I think hte only way to delete by mass quantity, is by deleting full pages.

3. key

key Private E-2

hmm...another thing you might try is use Thunderbird with the WebMail extension (so you can access the account in question). then you have Thunderbird download all the email. before you do that, in the thunderbird account settings, un-check the box "Leave messages on server".

you can then delete them from your computer if you like. tell us how it goes :)

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks Musksnipe.....
    I knew there had to something in the options that would do it... my wife just couldn't seem to find it.... thanks again!

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I have a Yahoo Mail account and I don't see that option. Could it be because I only have 15 messages in my Inbox?

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I don't have General Preferences, under Options. Here's what I see:

[​IMG]

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

OK, I switched over to Yahoo Mail Classic and I see it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds