Broadcom issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M_Logan, Apr 1, 2009.

1. M_Logan

M_Logan Private E-2

For various reasons (mostly performance), I recently downgraded a laptop from Windows Vista to XP. The problem is, while I can get any of the other bits working, the network card, a Broadcom, is giving me nightmares. The hardware switch (the one on the front of the computer) simply does not work, and I know the card is good and attached properly because I was using it about an hour prior to the reinstall. Until I get this fixed, I cannot use the blasted thing to go online.

The laptop in question is an Acer Travelmate 2480 with 500 megs of RAM and a 1.73 gig processor. I do not have the cash to buy a new card or a USB wifi card. Please, help! I'm desperate over here.

2. M_Logan

M_Logan Private E-2

How do I go about ID'ing the model and chipset? (I'm going to trawl Acer's site for the hardware specs after this post, but a way of finding it quickly would be nice). Everest didn't tell me what I need to know.

3. M_Logan

M_Logan Private E-2

Okay, got the most current driver installed, but the radio switch still isn't working. Any ideas?

The card's info:
    broadcom bcm94318mpg
    fcc: qds-brcm1016
    ic: 4324a-brcm1016
    cmii: 2004dj2134
    sct: rcpbrbc05-650

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds