WinXP autologin

Discussion in 'Software' started by adilrazeen, May 12, 2006.

1. adilrazeen

adilrazeen Private E-2

Is it possible for me to setup my computer in such a way that it automatically logs into a limited account without any prompts? I'd like to do this in WinXP...

2. sewy18

sewy18 Private First Class

what do to you mean?

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

set up an account with no password
    goto start > run > type control userpasswords2
    uncheck user must enter password- a box will come up with the user and no password hit ok & reboot....

4. adilrazeen

adilrazeen Private E-2

hey thanks alot man.....:D exactly what i was searching for.....

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

I strongly reccomend keeping all your accounts passworded, especially if you have a broadband internet conection. This provides a much higher level of security.

you CAN have autologin even with a passworded account. All you need is a free Microsoft product thats part of PowerToys for Windows XP. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

The one you want is called TweakUI, and allows you to set up the autologin on passworded accounts.

6. adilrazeen

adilrazeen Private E-2

Thanks for the advice...... :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds