iTunes won't import all music

Discussion in 'Software' started by CDieck, Aug 24, 2008.

1. CDieck

CDieck Private E-2

I am trying to add files to my itunes library. I have a particular folder with 11 songs in it, and itunes happily adds songs 1-8, but for NO APPARENT REASON whatsoever, it won't add songs 9-11. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! I have tried "file->add file to library" and clicked on the files. Nothing happens. I've tried opening the folder and dragging the file into itunes. Nothing happens. I've tried double clicking on the file. Nothing happens. I've tried deleting the files off of my computer, reloading them, and trying all over again. Nothing happens. And I mean nothing at all. No dialogue box comes up to explain why it won't load. No error message pops up. NOTHING.

I've scanned the files for viruses. They don't have any viruses. When I open the "properties" box, the file looks like any other .m4a file. There doesn't appear to be anything abnormal about these files at all.

I'm transferring files from my old XP Pro computer to my new Vista computer. The songs play just fine on my old computer. The other 8 songs in the album play just fine on my new computer. I cannot imagine what's going on here. Please help me! :confused

2. ArsenicY

ArsenicY Private E-2

I'm experiencing a similar problem, except iTunes refuses to import an entire album through all of those methods, but will take any other music. Can anyone help us?

3. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

Symptoms

You get this alert message:

"Attempting to copy to the disk 'your hard drive name' failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation."

This occurs when you:

* Drag music from another location into iTunes.
    * Add music to iTunes using "Add to library..." ("Add file to library..." and "Add folder to library..." on Windows) from the File menu in iTunes.

Or you may see a message reading:

"Error occurred while converting the file 'song name'. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation."

This can occur when you:

* Import music from an audio CD.
    * Convert a song in iTunes to another file format using "Convert Selection to chosen format" from the Advanced menu in iTunes.

Or you may see a message reading:

"There was an error downloading your purchased music. iTunes could not save to your Music Folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions on your Music Folder, then use the Check for Purchased Music command in the Advanced menu to try again"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Resolution

These messages occur if permissions are incorrect on your designated music folder or on a folder inside your designated music folder. Permissions are settings that determine who can read, write to, or execute a file or folder on your computer. Every file and folder on your hard disk has an associated set of permissions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: Permissions and privileges for files are different from authorization to play a song purchased from the iTunes Store. Click here for information on authorizing a purchased song to play.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and here are the instruction i can find for fixing permissions (said for xp but vista might work this way to) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308419/en-us

4. bethybags

bethybags Private E-2

I'm getting the same thing. Transferring Mac to Mac and I've tried importing the entire library, then the playlists (which it only picks what songs it wants to import), I've tried importing playlists first, then the rest of the library, I've tried drag and drops, blah, blah, blah. Bottom line. How do I know why (or what songs) it's not bringing over???? It says it can't import all songs in the playlist because they can't be found - but I'm transferring them all equally soooo?? It's super irritating and I've spent way too much time trying to figure it out. Any help would be very welcome.

5. gabbzsx

gabbzsx Private E-2

About "can't add music to iTunes" issue, I know a quite nice way to solve it. It can help solve:

It supports converting lossless music formats including FLAC, Monkey's Audio (.ape), WavPack (.wv), TTA, ATRAC Advanced Lossless, WAV, AIFF, AU, raw header-less PCM, M4A, Windows Media Audio Lossless and Shorten (SHN) to iTunes supported lossless audio format like AIFF or Apple Lossless M4A.
    It also supports converting the above lossless music format to iTunes supported lossy audio format like MP3.
    It can convert lossy music like MP3, Vorbis OGG, WMA, Musepack MPC, AAC, ATRAC and CAF, QCP, AMR, AWR, MP3, RA to iTunes supported lossless or lossy audio format like AIFF or Apple Lossless M4A.
    It even can convert music video in AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, VOB, FLV, 3GP and etc to iTunes supported audio format.

To get it, google search "step by step guide on how to solve "can't add music to iTunes" problem".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds