Compaq 4131t notebook...CD?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cat5, Dec 17, 2006.

1. cat5

cat5 Private E-2

I've never used a notebook so am a bitconfused. I was given a Compaq 4131T with windows 95. However I'd like to upgrade to 98 or me. But I don't see a place to insert a CD to do this. Is there one? This notebook was never used and is in nice condition to give a friend who doesn't need speed.

Or is it possible to copy the setup cd to floppies on my pc...or are there locks?

Thanks....Paul

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I just looked up the specs for the computer that you mentioned and it didn't come with a CD-ROM, only a floppy drive. There are no locks on Win98 cds so that isn't a problem. However, you would need a file splitting program to split the Win98 program into files that would fit on a floppy disk. The easiest, quickest, and best option would be to find a friend that has a portable cd player with a serial port connection and software for same and use it to update this computer.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds