Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Solution -Asus P5GC-MX

Discussion in 'Software' started by chopstks, Aug 21, 2008.

1. chopstks

chopstks Private E-2

I would want to share my experience in this.

I have a new system motherboard Asus P5GC-MX, with it I installed Windows XP SP1 (my licenced copy) and updated thru internet to SP2 and subsequently to SP3, which was what causing the problem to my Realtek HD Audio driver (later found out).

What I did was to Remove SP3 through Control Panel Remove Program. Once removed, I went to look up K888111xpsp2 fix which comes with my MB disk. Then reboot which causes it to "Found New Hardware" and update driver. The file that it is seaching is RTKVHDA.sys which is again on my MB disk - drivers - audio - driver - WDM.

After doing all these, I went back on internet and reinstall Windows XP SP3.

Hope this could help someone.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Thanks for that info.
    You probably already know that somehow MS left out support for HD audio in SP3.

There is another way to get HD drivers to install, without the uninstalling and re-installing of SP3.
    That fix involves a temporary reg change that fools XP into believing it is SP2.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds