Testing speeds for micro/sd card

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nexus_, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

Hello

Does anyone know of some good software that i can use to run speed/sector(s) tests on micro cards/sd cards?

With the high use of these things now in days for a lot of items there is also alot of fake ones out there being sold that either 1. have much less memory than it should 2. slower speeds 3. Generic brand with namebrand marking or 4. all of the above.

I ordered a couple of micro cards some months ago ( about 10 of them) and just barely now got around to using all of them. Id say all of them worked fine ( orso i thought) but 3 out of the 10 have problems.

For example 1 of them just really takes a long time to transfer data into it, that same card also gets a little jammed inside devices as it seems its thicker than it should be. Lastly whenever its inserted into a device even though it reads (some) of the data it lags terribly causing whatever device it is in to freeze.

Another one had similar problems where it would lag terribly once it was almost completely filled.

As for the other 3rd one out of the faulty ones it appeared it just died and never worked again after a month of use.

After looking at some guides to check if mine were fakes it appears they were, mainly because the actual branding of the company logo was fading when it shouldn't.

However someone else recommended that when i buy new ones that i actually run speed tests if i have the time of course besides buying them from ''trusted sellers''. At the moment though many people may be uneducated on micro cards/sd cards and if they aren't fake because they will simply believe they are if they hold the storage it states and doesn't break down soon.

Unless they note the speeds they probably wont care, but someone like me to can actually notice it in some or many devices actually knows and cares i got fake cards. Its very obvious to me when i buy a class 6+ card and its writing speeds are no better than a speed less card.

It also seems a hassle to buy micro cards and test them all with a software to check if they are what they should be.

2. pcunite

pcunite Private E-2

I think AS SSD Benchmark will do this. I use it for testing my SSD though.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds