Unable to access secure web sites

Discussion in 'Software' started by essence, Dec 5, 2005.

1. essence

essence Private E-2

Looking for help, I am unable to logon to secure 128bit web sites for banking or shopping( non secure sites seem to have no problem). I have followed all the instructions as far as checking for viruses, spyware, cookies ect. I have also tried turning off ez firewall and antivirus,popup blockers, and lowering security settings. This all seemed to start after I updated all my security and installed sp2 from the microsoft web site. any ideas?

Thanks

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

3. essence

essence Private E-2

Thanks jujet84 turns out my identity was courpt. what a pain to fix but I was successful.

4. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

5. essence

essence Private E-2

:confused: ok I can get onto most secure web sites but now having a problem with cookies and javascript. I can not access websites that require these. I think this started when sp2 was installed:mad: . I have updated Javascript and turned cookies to acept all to no avail. any ideas? Thanks in advance:) .

6. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

OK lets start by checking to see if there are any corrupt system files using scannow sfc.

go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow --note space after sfc-- have your xp cd ready this will take several minutes let it finish

7. essence

essence Private E-2

Ok, completed that step and althought it asked for the disk several times I continue to have the same problem on the web. Also on MajorGeeks when i change pages several times, I have to re-log in :confused: (this was happening before scan).

8. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds