Odd restart due to opening program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mecroneo, Dec 23, 2003.

1. mecroneo

mecroneo Private E-2

I was working on this older computer for a friend, just installed xp pro for him and when i went to open the dial up program that he uses the computer just haulted and restarted, its an older machine, has 600mhz p3, 512 meg sd ram and im really not sure wha else it has, mainly just integrated crap, its an hp model number xe743, just kind of curious if any one has any ideas of why this might have happened, thank you mEcroneo

2. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Sounds like the drivers for the modem are not compatible with windows XP. My computer kept doing the same thing after I upgraded. check what kind of modem you have and upgrade the driver.

that might help

3. mecroneo

mecroneo Private E-2

will do, thanx :)

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & recovery/settings. In there untick auto restart. Now you should get an error that should give a clue on what to do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds