Help liveupdate

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by roostersmasher, Jul 14, 2006.

1. roostersmasher

roostersmasher Private E-2

Hello. can some one help me I purchased Norton anti-virus, and I cannot run the live update. Something is not allowing me to access the symantec website. I tried installing hijackthis and I was able to download it but I cannot run it.

Please help!!!!:eek:

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Welcome to MajorGeeks roostersmasher!:)

I was going to move your thread but I'm not quite sure if you will need help in our Software or Malware forum yet.

What antivirus software were you running before you installed Norton? And did you completely uninstall it before installing Norton?

Do you suspect you have a virus or malware problem?

Are you having any other problems or just with Norton?

3. roostersmasher

roostersmasher Private E-2

I wasn't running any anti-virus software....I'm pretty sure it's a virus.... I'm really not having any other problems, although my internet connection does slow down from time to time, and I get this pop-up that says a program is requesting information (roxo-soft) and it asks me if I want to connect to the internet, this only occurs when I first start up the PC.

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks! You might want to read this link and follow the procedures, http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407. If any problems are still there after running all the procedures, post back, and I'm sure that Abby will move your post to the Malware Removal section.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds