Weird Laws

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Maxwell, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7081038.stm

1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament
    4. Eating mince pies on Christmas Day is banned

In addition to weird UK laws are:

1. In Ohio, it is illegal to get a fish drunk
    6. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on a Sunday could be jailed

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Heres a whole list to read if your bored LOL http://www.bored.com/crazylaws/index.htm

I'd have to say my personal favorites are:

roflmao

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Love this one from Alabama. :D :D

• Peanuts are not allowed to be sold in Lee County, Alabama after sunset on Wednesdays.

Very specific law. I wonder how that came about? :)

Bazza

4. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

You need to look at the year those laws were made and you'll probably find they are very old laws...some one has either not looked at making amendments or abolishing them. Hence the need for reviews of old laws as well as contemporary laws.:)

As for the American ones...dunno.

5. obnoxious

obnoxious Corporal

I like it; It is illegal to loiter in the city morgue in Detroit

6. jimmy_iz_god

jimmy_iz_god Private E-2

they are currently phasing out the hay in the trunk of taxis, its about half half. started about a year ago but noone really cares about it. as for only walking on the left side of the pavement, its a lot more efficient than having people walking everywhere on both sides, so im glad we have this law, expecially in sydney n crowded places like that.

dunno about the shorts thing but lol. but then im from nsw, not vic

7. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

With so many statutes and regulations (ie laws), unless one knows which piece or section of legislation/regulation and what State it falls under, it's an exercise to pin point which ones these actually refer to for clarification/confirmation, and if they are actually still in force...unless an individual is familiar with those particular sections (eg like jimmy_iz_god with the "Taxi/hay in trunk" one), or if legislation is being reviewed, in which case the media makes public aware it.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

Cheers

LS

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds